Install a Charming Cedar Roof in Northern Virginia
We Take Care of Our Home by Taking Care of Yours
- A+ BBB Accredited
- Angi Super Service Award Winner
- Your Satisfaction is Our Priority
Locally Preferred Cedar Roofers
Installing a cedar roof is beneficial for many reasons. Cedar roofs are durable, long-lasting, and provide protection against the elements. Cedar is a naturally rot-resistant wood that can withstand extreme climates, making it ideal for roofing applications. It is also highly resistant to weather damage and insects. Additionally, its aesthetic appeal adds visual interest and charm to any building or home exterior.
Gutter Ethics LLC is a cedar roofing contractor committed to providing only the best for your home. We will guide you through the process and help you choose the color and style that complements your current decor. You are going to love your new, natural cedar roof!
Call us today to schedule a free inspection. Along with cedar roofing, we also offer asphalt, metal, and slate roofs.
Types of Cedar Roofs Roofs We Install
There are two types of cedar roofing to consider: cedar shake roofing and cedar shingle roofing. The strength of both types depends on the thickness and which part of the tree the material was cut from.
Cedar Shake Roofing
Cedar shake is a type of roofing material traditionally made from split pieces of cedar. It is still popular today due to its attractive and unique look, as well as its durability and ability to weather harsh climates. Cedar shake roofs can last for up to 30 years if properly maintained. They are also highly fire-resistant, which makes them an ideal choice in areas prone to fires or high winds.
Cedar Shingle Roofing
Cedar cut shingles are factory-made, ensuring that each panel is the same size and width. This makes cedar shingles less expensive than cedar shakes. Like cedar shake, cedar shingles are lightweight, easy to maintain and energy-efficient. They’re easier to install and come in different colors and styles that can be tailored to your individual tastes.
Need help deciding whether you should use cedar shake or cedar shingles? Call our experienced team today.
The Pros and Cons of Cedar Roofing
When making your selection about the type of cedar roofing to fit your needs, there will be pros and cons. We have broken down the list for you:
Pros of Cedar Roofing
- Eco-Friendly: Made out of natural wood, cedar roofs are a sustainable material compared to asphalt shingles or other synthetic roofing materials.
- Durable: The biggest advantage is that cedar shingles are naturally resistant to rot, decay, and insect infestations. This can add a great deal of longevity to your roof as long as it is properly maintained.
- Beauty: Cedar roofs are like no other. You will get a natural look with a unique texture to your property, adding to its individual character.
Cons of Cedar Roofing
- Drying Issues: Natural wood is more susceptible to drying out and will require routine treatment to maintain its durability.
- Expensive: Cedar roofing comes at a higher price than other roofing materials like asphalt shingles.
- Maintenance: Cedar roofs require more maintenance due to their vulnerability to moisture and fungi growth.
Cedar Roof FAQs
Does it cost more than regular asphalt shingles?
How many years will a cedar roof last?
Hire a Team of Professionals You Can Trust
We’re in this business because we love building trusting, long-term relationships with our clients. Thanks to our meticulous attention to detail and expansive knowledge, we’ve earned a reputation for getting the job done the first time for a fair price. Most importantly, we’re known for responding quickly and going the extra mile. Choose the exterior specialists who take the well-being of your property personally. Give Gutter Ethics LLC a call today for your free inspection!